New group will start in the Fall of 2020
Welcome to Gu Feng Tai Chi Club. We value your participation and look forward to sharing our Tai Chi experience with you. GFTCC is a volunteer-based, non-profit organization. Our goal is to promote and nurture long term Tai Chi practice for physical and spiritual well being in our communities.
We would like to share with you the following member guidelines that specify the general expectations for our members. They have evolved from our traditions and serve to build a healthy environment in which we can all enjoy Tai Chi:
- Practice day(s) and time(s) are listed on the club web site under “Class Info.” If by chance this information is not available in the specified location, please see “Contact” for people you can call directly for assistance and current information. Please be prompt for our practices, as warm-ups are essential in preventing injury during the practice. In addition, as part of your commitment to long term Tai Chi growth, please be consistent in coming to practice. If you know in advance, please mark your name on the Club calendar on the day(s) you will miss. Otherwise, inform the Lead Instructor or the Membership Coordinator via email or telephone.
- Currently, the membership fee and tuition is $70 per quarter (3 months). This covers the venue rental, Sunday classes, insurance, and other miscellaneous costs. Workout clothing, the Tai Chi sword and white silks are purchased separately. Tuesday practice fees are also separate. We ask that you promptly pay this amount at the beginning of each quarter (January, April, July, and October).
- Please show respect for the instructors and support for fellow members. It takes everyone’s effort to build a friendly environment for our club. Please remember that humility is essential in Tai Chi practice.
- We would appreciate initiatives to make contributions to the club. Since we are a volunteer based organization, we ask our members to be able to:
- if qualified, participate in Tai Chi demonstrations in community events.
- if qualified, assist in teaching new members. [Please consult item 5 below.]
- if needed, volunteer in any events that we host.
- if qualified, provide any assistance needed in running the organization.
- It’s imperative to have the Lead Instructor’s permission to teach prior to teaching Tai Chi either inside or outside the club. All of our Assistant Instructors and Instructors go through training in order to qualify for the Assistant Instructor and Instructor role. This is the tradition we keep to ensure good quality in Tai Chi teaching.
- Even with the best intention of long term relationship with the club, we understand that there may come a time when you need to leave the club. When that happens, please have the courtesy to inform the Membership Coordinator that you will no longer be a member. We will always be happy to have you as a friend.
We want to cultivate a nurturing environment where everyone is open to sharing their knowledge and helping one another. We want to thank you for your willingness to contribute your share in making our club a great learning avenue. Let’s explore the wonders of Tai Chi together!
$90 January 1st
$90 April 1st
$90 July 1st
$90 October 1st
All included $30 Membership & $60 Tuition
$5 per drop –in
$15 per month
$30 per quarter